Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lost in a city full of heartbreaks.

Day 2 in Hong Kong Continued...



Continuing from Day 2...

It was getting late. Before I arrived to Hong Kong I had researched about it and I came across a picture of the whole of HK city in the evening, I immediately told my dad and said ‘We have to go there! So you need to find out where this location is as soon as possible.’ So he asked around and it turned out to be from the top of a 100 floor building. It was a must, especially at night, where the lights filled the city. It took us exactly 60 seconds in the lift to get to the top of the building and it was a 360degree view.

( I made a new page called Artificial memoirs . I will be posting more of my soliloquies and stories.) Here is one I just made now. Enjoy.


Lost in a city full of heartbreaks. 

‘Hey!! Hey you! Baby!’ I screamed so loud, my mouth reacted before my brain could even establish words into a proper sentence or even at least think twice before I spoke out foolishly. I thought it was him; all those light reflective buildings, flashing bright lights from the car headlights, neon billboards… must have blinded me for a split second for I swear it was him that I saw!

I just stood in the middle of the unfamiliar congested street, like a rabbit frozen with fear on a main road, cars heading straight. I was paralyzed, every inch of my body but my tear ducts seemed to work for the sea began to rise and the river began to flow. I lost my self in the moment; anxiety in the death room engulfed me, I was drowning.

A stampede of people nudging me, barging in to my shoulder blade, some looking at me strangely as if to say get out the way lady! I wanted to move but my legs were tree trunks and I had roots down to the core of the earth.

The rich sweet air was full of love, pass me a gas mask. Eyes fixated on the young couple next to me declaring their love for one and other, the old hunched man and frail woman entangled hands as they slowly walked into the distant lights. No one warned me this city was jammed with love and I couldn’t run away, every street and corner I turned…love was everywhere. How it stabbed me in the heart! And not like a friend who stabbed you once in the back…love looked straight into my eyes and took the knife and stabbed me continuously and violently.

Maybe this city should have been called Paris, or maybe Paris wasn’t really the city of love. Ah, I get it now… this is the city of heartbreaks.

I love no one but you, but you are far far away and I am here alone, lost in a city full of heartbreaks.



We finished the night off at pizza hut and headed back to the hotel to sleep and only to be woken up at 7:00am to head out to an island...


Day 3 of Hong Kong in the next post! See you soon readers!

Frozen Vanity xox

No comments:

Post a Comment