Friday, January 20, 2012

Wild Hearts

"As the city burned every night id be there on the ledge ready to fly...."
Wild Hearts
Hey guys , so i decided to create a little story for you, Enjoy! 
Imagine emotions metaphorically, literally and physically walking down my spine, i turn from hells warmth to the most painful icy statue, i cannot move, i cannot speak, nor hear, but i feel, i feel the sudden rush of freedom in my veins. 

Long before i ever felt that; i used to watch the city burn with lights as i stood at the very top of the building and the nights were as hot as hell, I would hear the wind whispering into my ear, telling me to jump, telling me i could fly and be free. Some days i believed the whisper. I would stand on the ledge, take deep breaths in and out, my limbs shaking, my heart pumping so fast and my palms sweaty, i would try not to look down, but the temptation was too much, therefore  occasionally i'd wobble and my heart would stand still, id look back up to gain my balance, spread my hands out, the wind was so strong it would force tears from my eyes and roll down my cheeks, but i felt something i had never felt before, i felt free, i felt wild, i was in some sort of a trance, the city was blocked out. But somedays i would ignore the whisper, i was scared for the future if i listened to it.

Suddenly i felt out of control, my heart sunk so far down my stomach it felt like someone had punched me so hard, the wind stopped whispering, my view went blank as i closed my eyes tightly, i felt something wrap around me so vigorously as i fell, but then i felt a soft hand brush my cheeks ever so slightly, i opened my eyes slowly and a face appeared to be looking right at me. It was my love. I looked up at his glistening eyes, he smiled, i forced a smile across my face yet my lips were trembling. I wanted to feel safe, i wanted to feel wanted and loved. No one seemed to understand. Not even my love; but i was determined to make him understand. He had to understand or id be trapped forever in the city of the lights. It was a shame because the wind understood me, he understood exactly what i wanted. 

As the city burned every night id be there on the ledge ready to fly, i wanted to be part of the land, part of the sky, part of the tall green grass that would sway in the wind, the trees that would dance all day, the sun that would light up my heart, i wanted my love by my side to see the freedom i felt when the wind would whisper to me.
"I felt something wrap around me so vigorously as i fell, but then i felt a soft hand brush my cheeks ever so slightly..."



As morning after dark came through...that night i had thought long and hard about moving away from the city, i wasn't happy, i didn't feel safe, i didn't  feel love, i could feel the wind holding my hand trying to pull me to the land, trying to pull me to the sky i had always dream of. I tried explaining to my love the freedom i felt, the hope i felt if we moved away. He wasn't sure, i could see the invisible cage he sat in, but i begged him with tears rolling down my face. He agreed.

 I started running, dragging my love through the field, i didn't care if the thorns kept stabbing my feet, and the branches stroking my face violently. I didn't even think once to look back at the city... i knew this was right. It felt right. I stopped and looked back at him, he looked at me worriedly through the branches, but i gave him a smile to reassure him that we would be safe. I was one with the land now, i was at harmony and the warmth ran through my body. 
We had wild hearts together and forever. 
 "I stopped and looked back at him, he looked at me worriedly through the branches...."

"I wanted my love by my side to see the freedom i felt when the wind would whisper to me..."

I wrote the story last night so its not up to standard as id hoped but i hope you liked the little story and the images that go with it. I hope you all had a great week, my week has been hectic trying to get portfolio photos ready and all sorts of things for university and my final major project. I guess in the story i created its about embracing the things you love, if you feel trapped doing something you don't want to do, escape from it and do something you love. Don't be afraid.

See you next Friday!
Frozen Vanity xox

Contact me for Bookings Twitter | Tumblr | Flickr  | Instagram: @frozenvanity 

No comments:

Post a Comment