Friday, October 28, 2011

Courage

Courage

As I arrived in England the first thing that came to my mind was the fact I needed to find somewhere to prosper and learn about photography since I originally thought I was going to finish off my A Levels but things changed and I got onto a photography course instead. All it was, was a quick search on Google, an email sent and Tadaa I am now a member of the Preston Photography Society and I attend once a week. With a bit of courage and determination, you can do the same, if you’re a photographer, an artist, or have any other talent, Google is just a few clicks away and search for any workshops, clubs, events that are happening around you! I can assure you it will do you a world of good.


Courage is something one must have In order to really take a step forward, I know there’s always a voice in the back of your mind telling you “what if” or “no don’t take the chance”, I’ve had those feelings too. I as a photographer contain the worst take back ever and that’s shyness. I physically cannot walk to someone and ask them if I could take a picture of them or ask them to model for me, the thought of it makes my heart beat and the fear of the word NO just makes me shiver. That’s something I need to work on and just pluck up the courage to ask someone, what’s the worst thing that can happen? They tell me ‘no’ then what? I move on and find someone else. Its easy talking but actually acting upon it it’s hard but not impossible. If you’re a photographer and having the same problem as me, there’s a great project you can work on and it will give you courage. It’s called a ‘100 strangers’. Walk around the streets of where you live, the town centre or shopping mall and approach strangers and ask them politely if you could take a picture of them, explain to them your project and ask them a few questions about their life. Try to choose someone who doesn’t look too busy so you won’t disrupt their time. Here’s an example of a man on Flicker who did a 100 strangers. I my self-find a ‘100 strangers’ quite daunting but I will give it ago when I have time. (Time seems to be an excuse for me a lot lately). However I really think this project is perfect for boosting up confidence improving your social and technical skills needed for taking portraits and just confidence In general.

If you’re like me, and you don’t fancy approaching strangers on the street, how about try starting a project of your own but don’t use the same models you may always use, walk around your college or work place and if you think someone would look great to photograph approach them and ask them. You have nothing to lose! Are you thriving to be better? Wanting to grow within your talent? Learn much more and meet other people with the same interests as you, then either create a project for yourself or join a club, workshop or event! It’ll be one step closer to success.

Earlier this week I did a Photo shoot and posted up a Teaser Video which I guess a lot of you have seen already on various websites, and these are the final shots! Hope you like them! I was going for a shadow kind of look on one side and the other side quite light. I didn't feel the need to edit these allot except from the obvious.













Next Friday I will be showing you my first Assignment I’ve had to do for College combining Photography and 
Typography.

See you next Friday.
 Frozen Vanity xox




Contact me for Bookings Twitter | Tumblr | Flickr  | Instagram: @frozenvanity 

3 comments:

  1. wow, i love the photos! they're so artistic. well done! cant wait for next Friday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sarah ! You really made me want to be better !

    Thankyou , your amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously are amazing, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete